Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

index» » » » » » » » » Newsflash Not All Redheads Look Like Each Other

Newsflash Not All Redheads Look Like Each Other

{Dress: Zara; Necklace: Spike the Punch; Heels: Antonio Melani--similar; Sunglasses: Thierry Lasry; Lipstick: Nars Schiap topped with Chanel Jalousie}

I wore this amazing Gwyneth Paltrow-wearing-Tom-Ford-at-the-2012-Oscars-esque dress to a friends wedding this weekend. I snatched it up after seeing Jenna mention it for a similar occasion a couple months ago. Little did I know when I threw it on with a bouffant hair-do and a hot pink lip that Id be compared to everyone from Joan Holloway on Mad Men (which I can understand given the retro-ness of the whole look) to the Red Witch on Game of Thrones!
Look--I GET it! Im "classically" beautiful, yaddi yadda yadda. And while I think Christina Hendricks is a beautiful woman, who I might even remind people of, I cant pretend to not be annoyed by a comparison to whomever this is...not because she isnt attractive, but because I dont look anything like her.
For some reason, people look at redheads as though were just one DNA strand away from each other. As if sharing a tinge of coloring automatically renders us each others dopplegangers. Ive gotten all kinds of random comparisons through the years, from Julianne Moore to Kate Winslet, but that Red Witch thing just made me snap! Again, not because the actress that plays her is unattractive, but because at the end of the day, my face looks nothing like ANY of these women. For what its worth, I never drew those comparisons before I started coloring my hair (Spoiler Alert: this isnt my natural color!).
So next time you meet a redhead, dont tell her she looks like Lucille Ball or Debra Messing or Florence Welch (all amazing and gorgeous woman) or some other random Ginger who comes to mind, because the fact of the matter is she probably doesnt and youre just being unoriginal. 
 Oh, and I wore this dress with pink lipstick to avoid feeling too vintage-y. I guess it didnt work...?
 I mean, shit. It could be worse, right? I could be compared to this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment