Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

index» » » » » » » » » DCs Newest Reality Show About Cupcakes Being Cute

DCs Newest Reality Show About Cupcakes Being Cute

Theres a new reality show featuring Georgetown Cupcake and its sister-owners that started filming in DC last Friday. Imagine my excitement at the prospect of FINALLY getting my big break when I saw this in the parking lot of Harris Teeter last night:


And now, a brief play-by-play of went through my head:

"OMG! OMG!!! Are Sophie and Katherine inside?? Is this where they buy their ingredients?! Hows my hair? I need a touch-up...ASAP!! How should I open? Would it be desperate to just start shouting the name of my blog in the grocery store?! God, that vehicle is dirty."

In all fairness, the weather here hasnt made it easy on car beautification efforts, so Ill let that one side.

Imagine my disappointment when, despite my efforts, I didnt see a single camera in the entire grocery store. Maybe they were at the checkout when I walked in, maybe their camera crew didnt accompany them on this shopping trip, or maybe this was delivery day and neither of the sisters were to be found.

Nevertheless, Ive got a new mission over the next few weeks: be.on.this.show. Supposedly debuting on TLC, "Cupcake Sisters" promises the same bakery-style dramedy of "Cake Boss" or "Ace of Cakes", but instead of cakes sculpted into baby buggies and replicas of pets, the stars of the show are the sisters themselves, and of course, their cupcakes. (Thats not an innuendo, John Breech.)

Photo via Washington Social Diary

Washington Social Diary did a great feature on the show, and even snapped some cool pics...but truth be told, I havent actually seen the sisters working in the shop since spring of 2009, although I did spot them at Bangkok Bistro last fall. Im a cupcake papparrazzo!!!!

Im really excited about this show, obviously, but the real question is when do I get MY reality show?!? Dont yall wanna see my daily touch-ups, my killer wardrobe, and how I order at Starbucks?! These are life-changing events, people!! Life.Changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment