Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

index» » » » Rhubarb Apple Kompote

Rhubarb Apple Kompote


This is traditional Russian drink. I make it every few days. My husband loves it. Kompote is a mix of fruits boiled. My American friends been asking for this recipe.

   Ingredients:
1 gallon water
2 apples
2 sticks ruhbarb
Sugar to taste ( organic is best )

 I like to make different mixes of fruits. Like apples is the main fruits. Then I add Strawberries or Raspberries or Blackberries. these are the best mix my family enjoy. the more fruits you add the more concentrated it will be. 


Cut apples into big chunks. Slice rhubarb. Add to water. Bring to a boil. Boil for 2 min, turn off. Let it cool.
                                                        




Take out fruits add sugar.  Enjoy!
Keep it in the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment