Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

index» » » » » » » » » » Farm Stand Vegetable and Italian Sausage One Pan Roast

Farm Stand Vegetable and Italian Sausage One Pan Roast


This dinner came about after I went to my local farmstand yesterday afternoon, just to see what they had and to get some inspiration for dinner.  Lucky for me, it was chock full of all sorts of lovely colorful zucchini and squash and the most beautiful jewel toned sweet peppers.  My conundrum was how to fit all of these delicious veggies into one scrumptious dish.  Recalling that I had some fabulous spicy Italian sausage in the freezer and knowing that everything is better after it has been roasted, I decided to toss it all in a roasting pan and let the oven do the work!

I preheated the oven to a hot 400 degrees.  Next, I prepared the vegetables by simply cutting the zucchini in half, lengthwise because I prefer to keep the most natural appearance of the vegetable and larger pieces will prevent it from overcooking. I deseeded the sweet peppers and cut them in half as well.  I also halved a tomato, smashed 5 cloves of garlic, and quartered a sweet onion.  I placed them in the roasting pan, nestled in the spicy Italian sausage and drizzled over some balsamic vinegar and olive oil.  A little seasoning of salt, pepper and thyme and rosemary fresh from the garden and it was ready for the oven.  It roasted for approximately 50 minutes in total, being tossed really well after about 20 minutes or so.  I served it with a few leftover home made croutons to soak up some of those delicious juices and a good shower of freshly grated parmesan cheese.     


No comments:

Post a Comment