Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

index» » » » » » » » » » » Liquid Health A K A Vegetables for Busy F cking People

Liquid Health A K A Vegetables for Busy F cking People

Im a pretty fucking busy person. Between the full-time job, wedding planning, getting my roots touched up every 4 weeks, and recently being elected Pope, I have a lot going on, which means I dont often have time to squeeze in the preparation and/or eating of 8+ pounds of vegetables. This is why juicing is awesome.
Now, I dont have a proper juicer, but ever since I did the Blueprint Cleanse, Ive been obsessed with getting one. Until then, my Vitamix makes a pretty decent substitute, though straining it is kind of a pain in the ass. Its struggles like these that build character a sense of entitlement.
I actually like this green juice better than BPCs. I think its because I threw in some more green apple and lime, making it slightly sweeter and more refreshing tasting and less tomato juice-without-the-tomato tasting. If youre still not into it, add a little pineapple for extra sweetness/more deliciousness. Its probably good for you, I dunno.
Also nice about making your own juice at home? Its more cost effective. Of course, it took me about 45 minutes to make this (did you read that part about making it in my Vitamix and straining it??!) and given how effing busy I am, I figure the ROI on making my own juice is currently negative dollars, but if somebody wants to get me the juicer we registered for, Im fairly to moderately certain Ill break even.

CupcakesOMG!s Green Juice
Makes about 8 glasses of juice

  • 2 cups kale
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 2 green apples, chopped
  • 1 lime
  • 1/2 inch of ginger (more/less if you like)
  • 3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
  • 1 cucumber, chopped into chunks
  • water
Dump everything in the blender (or juice, you lucky S.O.B.) and fill about 3/4 full with water. Blend on high for as long as it takes to liquify everything (about 3 minutes). Using a nut milk bag or a mesh sieve, strain juice from pulp. Serve over ice and with a wedge of lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment