Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

index» » » » » » Fast and Easy Soft Taco

Fast and Easy Soft Taco



Last night was the first MichianaTweetUp meeting which I am very excited to have attended!  It was a great time and a wonderful opportunity to meet, face to face, all of the people who regularly Tweet on Twitter and live here in the South Bend area (for those who are not local Michiana is one of those terms which combines Michigan and Indiana).  I was fortunate enough to meet a fantastic variety of people and hope that this becomes a regular event.  However, due to my attendance at that meeting, I did not get home until after 8:00pm and had to pull together something pretty quickly as I did not have any plan for dinner whatsoever. 

My "go to" dinner in just this sort of situation is generally the soft taco.  I keep small packages of ground beef in the freezer which can be thawed in the microwave and browned and seasoned on the stove in a matter of minutes.  Besides the ground beef, there really is no cooking involved.  I chopped a tomato, shredded some lettuce, finely diced a bit of onion and grated a chunk of pepper jack cheese. I always keep flour tortillas around because they keep really well in the refrigerator and they are so versatile for fajitas, quesadillas, etc. I warmed two flour tortillas directly over the stove flame and filled them with the beef, lettuce, onion, tomato and cheese.  A shake of hot sauce and a dollop of sour cream topped it off.  I  serving of blue corn tortillas chips and Mrs. Renfroes Green Jalepeno Salsa made this a great quick, go to meal on the run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment