Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

index» » » » » » CUCUMBER AND BLACK OLIVES RAITA

CUCUMBER AND BLACK OLIVES RAITA


CUCUMBER AND BLACK OLIVES RAITA
Kristina Drociak from Stonyfield farm contacted me recently about their Oikos organic greek yogurt. She asked me if she could send me some free coupons and I could share my experience about Oikos organic greek yogurt with my blogger buddies. I was happy to do so and she had sent me a package with a cute yellow bag and lots of Stonyfield farm organic yogurt coupons. I started preparing raitas with this yogurt. It was very thick and creamy than the regular yogurt. This time I prepared a simple cucumber raita and added some sliced black olives to it. This was a new taste to me and the olives did go very well with the yogurt.

INGREDIENTS:
Thick yogurt, 1 cup.
Cucumber, medium-sized, 1.
Onion, small, 1.
Sliced black olives, ¼ cup.
Salt as per taste.
Cilantro, 2 sprigs.

PREPARATION:
Dice the cucumber and onion into very small pieces. It can also be grated if needed. Remove the cilantro from the stem, wash the leaves and keep aside. Beat yogurt well and add the chopped cucmber, onions, olives, salt, and cilantro and mix everything well. If needed, a teaspoon of water can be added while mixing to loosen it up. Garnish with cilantro and serve this raita with any variety rice or rotis.

VARIATIONS:
Diced red onions, tomatoes, and slices of green chilies can also be added here. I wanted to keep it simple this time, so I have used only cucumber and white Vidalia onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment