Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

index» » » » » » » » » » Life Changing Things You Hear in a Dressing Room

Life Changing Things You Hear in a Dressing Room

Last weekend, I was on a quest for the perfect dress to wear to my boyfriends brothers wedding. I was making the rounds in Georgetown, and stopped to peruse Zara, naturally.

I didnt find anything for the wedding, however I did snatch up this dress:


But, Im not blogging to brag about my amazing purchase (though, I will accept adoration and compliments in the comments section). What I really wanted to tell you was what I overheard while I was crying trying on clothes in the dressing room. 

In the whirlwind of scouring the stores inventory for her size, one of my dressing room compadres began inquiring about a particular item. When she asked specifically about ordering something from another store, the sales girl offered an alternative solution: "Starting on September 7th, you can order from Zara online."

You know how they talk about your heart skipping a beat when you fall in love?? Im positive my heart skipped about 20 beats. Im basically writing this blog dead.

For Zara customers new and old, the online shop is WELL overdue. Despite its international presence, the European brand somehow missed the boat back in 2003 when, I dunno, EVERY OTHER RETAILER ON THE PLANET began promoting e-commerce!

That said, I feel the cliche "better late than never" is appropriate. Personally, as much as I love Zara for its on-trend garments and affordable prices, I hate the experience of shopping there. My Zara is located in the heart of Georgetown, on the corner of Douchebag Central and Tourist Square. Plus, the place is generally ransacked if you get there anytime ending in a "p.m.", so the size Im often looking for is long gone. 

Fair warning, though: oftentimes I love something on the hanger or online, but when I try it on, I find that the proportions are off or I dont like the fabric. So, while Im excited at the possibility of more sizes, colors, and fashions altogether, Ill still probably brave the douchebaggery in Gtown from time to time, just to make sure I really like what I think I like.

How about the rest of you? Are you excited to see Zara coming to an online shop near you?? What about those of you that dont have a Zara within driving distance? Are you likely to start shopping online when its an option??



No comments:

Post a Comment