Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

index» » » » » » BANANA NUT CAKE MY VERSION

BANANA NUT CAKE MY VERSION


BANANA NUT CAKE- MY VERSION
My husband loves the Banana nut loaf from Wegmans. I tried to make the same at home and it turned out pretty well. I am posting the recipe of this cake as I have used a standard recipe for the banana nut loaf. I made a few changes from the original recipe like substituting whole milk with half and half, used almonds and dry fruits instead of walnuts, and also added a teaspoon of cardamom powder. The taste of this cake was so great. We had a few slices and I packed it off to my husband’s office. It was a big hit there and he came home with an empty box :) I guess that’s the exact compliment every cook wants; empty dishes….I have not used any icing here as the cake itself was very rich. It can be had with ice cream (we did that, yum!). The picture posted here does not speak for the cake, I guess I need to improve my photography skills :(

No comments:

Post a Comment